All For Swinging You Around

hope: /hoʊp/ [hohp] – noun: to believe, desire, or trust

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ballad For The Broken Sound

Hugs
I saw a short film on the net today about this guy who stood around with a sign that read "Free Hugs". At first no one hugged him or even really looked at him. But it eventually caught on and everyone hugged him. Then, the police banned "free hugs" and they petitioned. After 10,000 names, they were aloud back on the street.
Shouldn't we all offer free hugs to everyone? A hug from someone close to you makes you feel really good about yourself and loved. But I believe a hug from a stranger is intensely more endearing. A hug from a stranger is blind, yet full of meaning and acceptance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

-------
Sunset at Millgate
One day I was with my lovely friend Alyssa waiting for the bus at Millgate. And as we sat there, listening to Nirvana I believe it was, the sun started to set. The colours were beautiful orange and yellow and it was a warm feeling. To this day, I have never felt so good. It honestly was the best moment of my life. And it was so awesome because I was with someone who excepted me for all I was. Didn't matter that we differed in certain ways, didn't matter that we argued sometimes or got on each others nerves..... we were best friends and we understood each other.
This evening I was taking the bus home from her house in the hood, and I was standing at Millgate pondering life and dreading the next few months... when suddenly, I felt an odd warmth on my cheek and I looked up... to see a beautiful orange and yellow sky.
The sun was setting. And I knew that everything would work out OK. This is my home. Alyssa is my best friend. And we totally rock this life. : )
Thanks Lyss.
-------
History Among The Trees
It's crazy how short of time I've been here, but how long it feels. I feel like I became a real person here in Edmonton and have become the person I am because of everything I see every day. Even the trees are apart of my life and I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. They've grown while I've grown.
I have so much history here, so many friends, so many people I know. Even the people I see every day, but don't know... I'm connected to them, and because of them, I am who I am.
I never want to leave here unless I'm ready... how can you just throw away everything you are made up of? I am made up of the birds and the buildings.
I am Edmonton.
-------
Well that is all for today. Just thought I'd write my feelings for once.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a blog that I just found.

That was a kick arse video, I feel inspired.